You can't move for people telling you how productive React.js is and how you really should be embracing it for everything above and beyond "simple" web applications.
But from where you're standing, with all the ceremony required just to get a simple ASP.NET Core Web API + React.js application up and running, you're not feeling very productive right about now.
It's impossible to imagine how you'll ever be able to stay on any bosses' good side when even the simplest of features takes days to implement.
Everyone else appears to be off building amazing apps using React and ASP.NET Core, so why do you just feel like you're drowning in new concepts and endless terminology?
Can it really be true, that to get even the simplest feature up and running you need to learn webpack, react, state management, node/npm, Typescript?
And that's just the frontend.
Sprinkle in some API concerns like dependency injection, ORMs, REST and it's hard to see how anyone ever gets anything built in any kind of reasonable time frame.
But what if you could sideline all this complexity and focus on building your features.
Imagine being able to calmly and confidently use React + Web API to quickly (and reliably) build any feature that comes your way.
You could be that developer, you know, the one who embraces new feature requests instead of trying to dive out of sight every time the product owner walks towards you!
Figuring out how to build solid React + Web API applications on your own is an uphill struggle, but you don't have to tackle this by yourself.
Practical React + ASP.NET Core Web API is coming and will fast-track your React + Web API journey.
- Learn the fundamental building blocks of ASP.NET Core Web API and React.js
- Discover the simplest way to deconstruct features and build them, one React.js component at a time
- Discover a time (and sanity) saving approach for quickly building up an ASP.NET Core Web API so you can glide, effortlessly from one feature to the next
By the end of the course you'll be able to...
- Take any feature all the way from idea to fully working implementation using ASP.NET Core and React.js
- Reliably break features down into smaller components in order to build them as quickly and simply as possible
- Create a fully-functional ASP.NET Core Web API backend
- Build an API that is easily extended and adapted as requirements change
- Integrate your API with third party systems (e.g. Stripe)
- Secure your Web API
- Configure authentication for any React.js application (and talk to an ASP.NET Core backend)
- Prototype the first feature (the product listing page)
- A brief introduction to React.js and ASP.NET Core
- Spin up a ASP.NET Core Web API + React.js project
- Show a static list of products (using hard coded data)
- Refactor the product "card" into a separate React component
- Rinse and repeat (product details)
- Show product details (using hard coded data)
- Routing (add a route for product details)
- Link each product to its details page
- "Hook it up to the backend" (hard coded data)
- Create an API endpoint for getting the product list
- Create an API endpoint for retrieving product details
- Connect our product list and details components to the backend
- Hello Entity Framework Core
- Add EF Core to the project
- Refactor existing API calls to pull data from SQL using EF Core
- Search for products by title
- I'll have one of those, and one of those...
- Add items to your cart(and persist via API)
- View your cart
- Remove items from your cart(and persist via API)
- Anonymous checkout
- Show order summary (items, total cost)
- Prompt for details (delivery address, billing address)
- Integrate with Stripe for taking payment
- Authentication (using Auth0)
- Set up Auth0 integration (backend)
- Implement user registration
- Add Authentication to React.js frontend
- Implement User sign in
- Authenticated user checkout
- Retrieve existing user's details
- Update existing user's details during checkout
And more (details to be finalised).
Want to know when the course becomes available?
Pop your details in the boxes below to get progress updates and an exclusive launch discount.